Blog of Elder JT Lamoreaux

Monday, August 22, 2016

Sapporo Japan Temple Dedication-Perfect end to a mission

Dear Everyone,

My bags are on their way to the Airport, and this is my last Preparation day as a full time missionary. I'm going home on Friday. So weird to think that my mission is just about over. I still have a couple days, but, the past couple days have been an awesome book end to this part of my life.

We had the wonderful opportunity to watch the dedication of the brand new Japan Sapporo Temple; the third temple in Japan. It's the very northern part of Japan, so far from my mission, but the impact of that temple is still felt down in the Kobe mission. There were a few moments where I truly felt moved by the spirit and have been able to reflect on my mission experience thus far. I will mention a few.

The general authorities that came to dedicate the temple were President Russell M. Nelson, Elder Gary E. Stevenson, and the Asia North Area presidency; President Whiting, Elder Yamashita and Elder Choi. I loved that because I have met every single one of them since I've been in the Japan Kobe mission. Last March, President Nelson visited our mission. January, Elder Choi came to speak to us and this May, we had a big conference where Elder Stevenson and the Asia North Area Presidency came. I've heard them speak in Kobe, specifically to our mission and I've shaken their hands. It was a special moment when I saw them all in white in the temple, dedicating this for the people of Japan. Super cool. Also, it was all in Japanese! Everyone (besides President Nelson) spoke in Japanese. I am really going to miss speaking and hearing Japanese everyday. It's such a fun language.

The other thing is, we had the opportunity to watch the Cultural Celebration the night before. Every time a temple is dedicated, youth from the area put on a show for the general authorities. The spirit that was felt there was amazing. It was weird because when the kids were doing a traditional Japanese dance, tears were falling. I just felt so much love for the Japanese people and so much desire for them all to receive the gospel. We had an investigator there and at the end, even he was crying! Such a special feeling.

My love for the Japanese people just sky rocketed because of the dedication of this beautiful temple. I haven't felt this kind of love for them until now, the last week of my mission. The Japanese people are so pure and so kind. There is so much good in them. They are all so close to fully receiving the gospel. A few more seeds to be planted and soon, really soon, the work in Japan is going to explode. I know that will happen. It's already been prophesied by many prophets and apostles. I long for the day when we have a temple in Kobe, Osaka, Kyoto, or Okayama. When that day comes, I and many others will be insanely happy and you know I will be coming back to see that dedication. There are so many members here who are trying so hard to follow Christ in a non-Christian country. The closest temple to Okayama is in Fukuoka, and 8 hour drive. They need a temple and the Sapporo temple is one step closer.

I just feel insanely blessed to have my last Sunday in Japan a temple dedication. I am so grateful for the hand of the Lord in my life.  During these two years, I had some hard times and some really great times. I know that it's all been to my benefit and I have learned so much because of the experiences. I haven't seen that much "success", but I know that my mission was a success. I love the people that I have been able to serve these two years. Shout out to my five areas, Nishiwaki, Kitarokko, Maizuru, Higashi Osaka, and Okayama. Those places are like my home. Those people are like my family. Thankful for my companions and thankful for my Mission President, President Welch. The mission is great and I will miss being a missionary in Japan.

Just a reminder, I will be speaking at my home ward this Sunday the 28th at 9:00 AM. The address is 1122 Grand Ave. Provo, Utah. Afterwards, there will be lunch and stuff at my house. Address is 1124 N Independence Ave, Provo Utah. You can also visit that address anytime during the day if you want.

Love you all! Remember, Keep Smiling and give 'em Heaven. Always. 愛している皆さん!お元気で!頑張る日本!

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux ラムロー長老
Japan Kobe Mission 日本神戸伝道部


   
Japan Sapporo Temple

Eating Sushi with an investigator!

On Kokan in Izumo with Madruga Choro.

Long story short, we had a very rare opportunity on this Kokan.  A sister finished her mission last week and her companion transferred out, so their apartment was messy and not being used.  They asked the Elders to clean it up for the next Sisters that will be there in 2 weeks.  So, we took this opportunity to do something that no other Elder had done before.  We slept in the Sisters apartment for a night.  Don't worry, we had permission and everything was according to the rules.  Crazy story though.

Had lunch at a member's house and they brought two friends.  The guy is from Texas but is full Filipino.  Lost of fun and so much English.

Last time with a member at the usual restaurant.

A bunch of missionaries right before the dedication of the Japan Sapporo Temple.

Photo bombed their picture

Picture with one of my favorite members.

We hiked the mountain for District Meeting!  Love these missionaries so much!

They killed me!







We all had matching glow sticks too!  We are so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment