Blog of Elder JT Lamoreaux

Monday, August 8, 2016

Weird Kokans and Last ZTM

Dear Everyone,

Not much time to email this week. In a little bit, we are going to Kouraku en for District P-Day.

I got a call from the Zone Leaders this week saying that they were going to do a crazy companion exchange because of some things going on in the zone. I ended up being with Elder Miller, who is also on his last transfer. We started the exchange on Tuesday and ended it on Friday. Longest Kokan of my mission. It was also a ton of fun. We talked about everything under the sun and also taught a lot of good lessons.

Had my last Zone Training Meeting as a missionary. It was a pretty sad moment. As a tradition, the missionaries who are "dying" the next transfer bear their testimony at the end of a zone meeting. They call it their "final testimony". So I gave that this week and it was an awesome experience. It will be a moment that I won't forget. Standing in front of everyone, thinking back on my mission realizing how much these last two years have changed me; it was one of the most spiritual moments of my life.

In that testimony I shared a scripture, Mosiah 27:25-26. It says "And the Lord said unto me: Marvel not that all mankind, yea, men and women, all nations, kindreds, tongues and people, must be born again; yea, born of God, changed from their carnal and fallen state, to a state of righteousness, being redeemed of God, becoming his sons and daughters; And thus they become new creatures; and unless they do this, they can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God." I know that the gospel is a gospel of change. Change is good. Repentance is good. I've done a lot of repenting over the course of my mission and I know now that I have changed for the better. My future will be so much brighter now because of my two years spent in Japan just trying to do my best for Heavenly Father. Mistakes happen. It is our responsibility to turn those mistakes into growth. I learned that weakness and mistakes will be for our benefit if we turn to Christ. Through his Atonement, he can make those weak things become strong.

That's about it for the week. I only have two more preparation days before the end. My homecoming talk will be August 28th at 9:00 A.M. In my new ward. The address is 1122 Grand Ave. Provo, Utah. It would be great to see you there! But until then, there is still lots to do.

Love you all!
Elder Lamoreaux ラムロー長老
Japan Kobe Mission 日本神戸伝道部


  
"Lamoreaux the Lamanite"
Yeah, we did it!


Seminary with Elder Miller!
The Seminary kids did charades for Seminary and here were their props...

On our way to a Matsuri, (Summer festival) and fireworks show!

Last Zone Training Meeting
The ones on the ground are the "dying" missionaries.


We've been killed...

No comments:

Post a Comment