Blog of Elder JT Lamoreaux

Monday, March 14, 2016

Staying another one in Higashi Osaka

Dear Everyone,

Transfer calls came last week and I am staying in Higashi Osaka. This
time, my companion is also staying so apparently there is still
something we need to do here. This is the first time both me and my
companion has stayed since my 5th transfer; almost a year ago. Let's
just say it was pretty weird not to have any changes on a transfer
week. But, the sisters here have a change. Omisaki Shimai transferred
to my first area, Nishiwaki! I'm not lying when I say I'm kinda
jealous of her. I would love to go back to Nishiwaki. There is now a 3
person companionship of sisters here. It will be a fun transfer.

We found a new investigator this week!! Yes, I said it! We found one!
(Finding new investigators have been a struggle here..) it was way
cool. So, on Thursday, we went to go visit a Potential investigator
that we had met a while ago to see if she was home. She wasn't home
(or didn't answer the door. We saw them and heard them but... Story of
my life haha) so we decided to knock on all the doors of the complex.
I was thinking (great, housing. I haven't housed since Maizuru.) but,
the first door that we knock on, somebody answers and talks to us. He
is a 19 year old guy from the Philippines and he was speaking to us in
English. We talked about God and Jesus Christ and heard his beliefs in
that. We also talked about prayer and how to receive answers to
prayers. He said that he prays to God everyday. We asked if he had
ever received an answer, and he said that as he reads the bible,
answers to his prayers come. Then we introduced the Book of Mormon and
he wants one! So we promised him one in English and Tagalog next time
we meet and we set up a next appointment for this next week. That guy
was super nice and he seemed super prepared to hear the gospel. I am
beyond excited to teach him more and to become his friend. I haven't
had an experience like that in a long time. It strengthened and
reawakened my faith that yes, God is preparing people to hear his
word, even in Higashi Osaka.

It's pretty hard to be positive and motivated as a missionary when
immediate success is hard to see. We just need to keep acting on our
faith and not let the lies of the adversary affect your diligence and
your obedience. If we continue to trust in God and be perfectly
Obedient and always desire the salvation of those around us, God will
bless us and will empower us to do all the things that he has
commanded.

Missions are the best. It's hard at times, but there is also a great
joy that comes when you are in the service of your fellow beings. The
growth a missionary experiences in themselves is incomprehensible.
Although my English has gotten worse and worse, my dependence on and I
understanding of the gospel and the atonement has grown so much.
There's still so much that I need to learn. The mission changes lives;
those they teach, and the missionaries themselves.

Other than the new investigator, it was a pretty slow week. We have
been trying to find different ways to find and different things to
focus on for this transfer. I have been here for a long time now and
will be here for another 6 weeks. Something different has to happen
here in order for the area to progress. If any of you have any ideas,
please email me. I would love to hear anything that you have to say.

I am now officially an "old missionary". The sisters who were with me
in the MTC are now finished with their missions. It's so weird to
think that it's over for them. I can't believe how short a mission is
for Sisters. I am grateful to have another 6 ish months left. Well,
enough of my babbling. Y'all have a great week! Love all of you!
Scripture of the week: 1 Nephi 3:7.

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux ラムロー長老
Japan Kobe Mission 日本神戸伝道部


   


 We went to a place called Namba for preparation day last week.

We bought these Osaka Nike hats!  They are awesome!

Eikaiwa in Habikino





Trying to get a good picture from Eikaiwa in Higashi Osaka.  It was Sister Omisaki's last day in Higashi Osaka.  She transferred to Nishiwaki, my first area!

No comments:

Post a Comment