Blog of Elder JT Lamoreaux

Monday, May 25, 2015

Another week in Kitarokko


Dear everyone,

This week was a pretty normal week. I'll start with an update on my investigators. The one who is going to get baptized in two weeks is looking stronger than ever. During the first hour of our teaching him yesterday, we just read in the Book of Mormon in 2 Nephi 4. While reading it one verse at a time, he learned why we need to be obedient. He read "For the Lord God hath said that: Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; and inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence." He connected it to himself. "So, if you follow the commandments, life will be great! If you don't, it will suck." This strengthened my testimony on the power that the Book of Mormon has. You could read anywhere in the book and it will teach you something about yourself. If you don't believe me, try it for yourself. Flip it to any page and read it. Don't just read it, try to learn, try to apply it to yourself. I guarantee that you will find something. The Book of Mormon is "the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.” Joseph Smith. It works.

During the second hour, we taught him the rest of the material. He understands and commits to doing all of it. We have now taught everything. All he needs now is the baptismal interview and then the baptism. It is so exciting and we can see a change come over him. He used to be addicted to tobacco, used to drink every night, but now he is changing. It has nothing to do with me at all. I did nothing to help him get here. It was all the Lord. He (the investigator) recently started reading the Book of Mormon every day and that is what changed him. If I learned one thing from this mission so far is that the Book of Mormon changes lives. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It was prepared by people anciently, but it was written for us now in these the latter days. It is for us. I invite you to study it at least a little bit everyday and notice the change in your life. Again, it works.

So the investigator with the mental problems. We haven't been able to contact him for the past two weeks. He won't answer his phone. He was going to have a thing with the bishop to figure things out, but we haven't talked to him for two weeks. It's pretty sad, but I trust that he's okay. You know, in the end, whether he gets baptized eventually or not, he will be just fine. God is so merciful and gracious that he provides for those who have problems like our investigator. I don't have any worries about people like that.

We have a very interesting teaching pool. I feel like my first two areas especially have super unique investigators that just aren't the same as any other area I've seen. Then again, I only really know these two areas. I am sure each area has their own uniqueness about them. I just think it is interesting haha.

Well, I know this church is true. The mission is the best way to learn and to grow and to experience the world. The Lord's hand is in all things. How could it not be? I mean, look at all the missionaries that you know. We are just a bunch of 18, 19, 20 year old kids. We have no idea what we are doing. None of us have a lot of experience. Yet, the Lord calls us and we go. He molds us everyday into true disciples of Christ. Miracles are wrought only through the Lord and our faith. Without the hand of the Lord, missionary work would not work at all. I know that the Lord is all powerful and all loving.

That's it for this week. I hope you all have an amazing week and that you will recognize the hand of the Lord in your lives.

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux
ラムロー長老







No comments:

Post a Comment