Blog of Elder JT Lamoreaux

Monday, February 2, 2015

God is our Heavenly Father; An unknown fact

 Dear Everyone,

This week was a way fast week! It just flew by. I went on 2 Kokans (companion exchanges) which took up most of the week. I went with one of the zone leaders on Wednesday and Thursday, as well as an elder from my district on Friday and Saturday morning. It was a busy week to say the least. We were able to teach an average of 2 lessons per day, which was about how last week went. It feels good to be able to teach people and testify about the Gospel.


This is my area.... not much haha
Many people in Japan are Buddhist and they don't believe in our kind of God, so most of the lessons we have is discussing the fact that God is our Heavenly Father. We (well most of us. I don't know who all reads these emails) have grown up with the knowledge of Heavenly Father, but, most of the world doesn't know that. It makes me feel grateful that I have this knowledge of my Father in Heaven and that he loves me and wants me to be happy. This simple, simple phrase that we as born and raised LDS people have often overlooked, is what almost everyone in the world is looking for. There are many views and opinions on God. A person who seeks to torture, a spirit who has no role in our lives, nature, a scary God, a vengeful god, thousands of gods, a man like Zeus, etc. But we know that God is our Father; the father of our spirits and we lived with him before we were born. God loves us each individually. Because he loves us, he wants us to return to live with him after this life. Because he loves us, he prepared a perfect plan and sent his son Jesus Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of our sins, into this world so that we can be cleaned and we can live with Heavenly Father again. This knowledge is the thing that we, as missionaries in Japan, teach every single day. This knowledge is the basis of our belief and is an essential piece to our happiness in this life. I love testifying about Heavenly Father and by doing so, it brings me greater happiness and hope for this life. Hope that everything that happens in life is for a reason and hope that Heavenly Father loves me and wants the best for me, just like an earthly father would. It is beautiful. I know that God is my Heavenly Father and he knows me better than I know myself. It is the same for all of you too. God Loves each of you so much that we can't even begin to comprehend the love that he has for us. It is incredible. This basic knowledge that we have learned since we could think for ourselves is the key to happiness, true happiness. I didn't realize how important this is until I came out of the comfort of Utah Valley and into the world. Talking to hundreds, thousands of people and seeing how much they need to know about this gospel really strengthens my testimony and deepens my understanding of the love that God has for each of us. I don't know that much, my testimony isn't that strong, but it is growing and it is there. I am so grateful for my parents and my family and friends who have helped me grow and have helped me get to this point. I have a lot to learn and a lot of repenting and growing to do, but I know that the foundations of the gospel is the start of something truly remarkable. The things that we learn in Primary and the things that our parents teach us is the most important things you can learn in this life. I realized that missionaries are basically Primary teachers. We teach simple truths that LDS children are taught from day 1. This gospel is simple. Remember the things you learned in primary and life will be beautiful.

Wow i really rambled didn't I? Well I hope this will help somebody out there. It really is amazing though isn't it? God loves us. That is the gospel. Everything rides on that small statement. Alma 37:6 says "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." Simple is how Heavenly Father works. That is my testimony. I know that God loves us.

So yup, this week was a good, somewhat normal week on the mission. I am growing and trying to deepen my understanding every single day, and I can see a change. I love each of you and I invite you to write down your testimony of the simple things of the gospel and how the knowledge of it has helped your life.. God is our Heavenly Father, He loves us, We will be resurrected, God wants us to live with him again, Jesus Christ's example, Eternal Families. Things like that. I can promise you that you will see God's hand in your life and that your appreciation for the tender mercies that he shows for us will deepen. Life will be happier. I love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux

I met a filipino person at a basketball activity. Super awesome guy!

Okonomiyaki. My companion taught me how to make it. It tasted really good

These are posters which advertise proper etiquette when riding trains and what not. They are so funny!! I love english translations 






What makes these posters even better is that the company is JT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment