Blog of Elder JT Lamoreaux

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I am so blessed. I haven't done anything to deserve it either.

January 19, 2015 

Dear everyone,
Thank you for the Birthday wishes! I had a great time and everyone was so nice. That day was also transfer day, so I got a new companion for my birthday. That night, we were invited to the Branch President's house for dinner. I thought it was just going to be a regular dinner, you know introducing the two new missionaries to the branch, but they had prepared a birthday dinner for me! They made pizzas because I said on my first week here that pizza was my favorite food. They even had a cake for me. I felt like I was home for a little bit. It was super awesome. 


On my birthday, the Branch President's family had us come over and they had a birthday dinner and cake for me. I had no idea they were going to do that. It was so nice of them and i am so thankful for that.

The thing on the cake. They are too nice.

And the next day, we went to an awesome sushi place for a "birthday dinner". My companion insisted on paying, but I didn't let him. It was super good. I ate 22 plates which stuffed me pretty well. It is super cool, It'S one of those conveyor belt sushi places, where you grab plates of sushi off the conveyor belt as it passes by your table. Super awesome and really good sushi. I loved it. My companion was nice to take me there.
22 plates of sushi. Soooo good!
I ate pineapple! Still really good. I don't know what I was missing out on... (editor's note:  JT did not like pineapple until a few years ago).

Also, Sister Welch called me and had all 30 missionaries she was with to sing Happy Birthday to me through the phone. It was really sweet. There are so many nice people here and I am blessed. It's weird to think that I'm 19 now too haha.

So, we met with a few of our investigators this week to say bye to Harris Choro and to introduce them to Scowcroft Choro. We said bye to the recent convert who always spoils us with food. She is seriously the nicest and most genuine person. She fed us from that restaurant again and as they were saying bye, my eyes started watering. I wasn't even saying bye to her! I am just glad that I am not leaving this branch quite yet. So yes, saying bye to people is not my favorite thing to do. I hate it haha.
Scowcroft Choro is a great guy. he was in the Air Force before the mission. He has been out for about a year and a half. So I am with another guy who knows a lot of Japanese! So grateful for that. He helps me a lot with my Japanese so It is great. I am excited to get to know him better.
Well, I don't know what to write. It's basically the same things that has been happening every week. Recognizing the hand of the Lord in my life throught small and simple means. He blesses me everyday and he blesses you each and everyday. If you look for the tender mercies in life, everything will be better. You will appreciate life more, you will be happier, you will have a desire to serve others, everything will just fall into place. That's my little spiritual thing for the week.
Love you all so much and I miss you all. I hope you are staying strong and that you are getting closer to God in whatever thing you do. Love you!
Love,
Elder Lamoreaux

Saw Elder Bateman and Elder Madruga at the transfer point. Fun to see and talk to them for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment