Blog of Elder JT Lamoreaux

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Last P-Day in the US!

Hey all!
I'm doing well here. We did receive our travel plans last week! We leave on Tuesday the 21st at 2:30 A.M. We fly from Salt Lake City to San Francisco at 6:20 A.M. We will have a layover in San Fran for 3 hours, then at 11:10 A.M. (San Fran time? maybe) We fly to Osaka Japan. We will arrive there at 3:00 P.M. on the 22nd (Japan time?) I am super excited and it's so close. We are working on packing everything and making sure our Japanese is as good as we can make it here at the MTC. I'm a little nervous because I don't think I know enough Japanese, but I do know that when I get there, The Lord will help me every step of the way. I'm super super excited to experience Japanese Culture and to meet the people of Japan.
I just want to share a thought with you. I don't have much time. 

In choir on tuesday, we sang "We are all enlisted". Brother Eggett, the director shared a scripture that goes along with the line in the song "Dangers may gather. Why should we Fear?" It's Isaiah 41:10 and 13. "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee." I love that. It gives me comfort that no matter what I do, as long as I'm trying my best, Heavenly Father will be there and he will help me. I feel like that goes along with the topic of that devotional, "Satan is real and we are at war." He talked about how satan tries to deceive us. He said that God sends us angels to help us and to protect us from Satan. He is real, but we are much more powerful than he is. The only way he can have power over us is if we let him do that to us. We need to trust and have hope in the Atonement of Christ and be willing to change ourselves. We can dispel all fear and doubt from our lives. He will take you by the hand and help you in every step. "Fear not I am with thee. I will help thee"

Next time you hear from me will be when I'm in Japan. Wish me luck and pray for the safety of my flight. I'm so excited to start the mission work in the field. Thanks for all the support that is shown to me from all of you! I can feel it and I really appreciate it!

Love,
Elder Lamoreaux

No comments:

Post a Comment