Blog of Elder JT Lamoreaux

Friday, September 5, 2014

Week 2 is over!

Sept. 4, 2014

Well week 2 is done! That's crazy to think about... The days really do feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. I've been exhausted from long, long days but yet I feel like I've just gotten here. Want to hear something crazy? I was a new missionary host yesterday for all the new missionaries! I had to help them to check in, get their books and show them to their residences and classrooms. I don't even know my way around the MTC but I had to do it already. We also just got new Kohai (japanese missionaries who are "younger" than us). I don't feel like I've been here this long.


I appreciate the letters and packages and emails that are sent to me. I can feel all the support and I love it! keep it up!
We teach investigators everyday and I feel like I'm Improving a lot. They teach us how to teach people, not lessons and that is helping me a lot. I encourage you to watch the episodes of "The District" because they share some tremendous stories and can help you become a better missionary, which we all are, whether or not you are called as a full time missionary.
I love the devotionals we have here. I had the opportunity to sing in the choir for the last devotional and that brought an amazing spirit into the room. We sang "Where can I Turn for Peace" Look at the lyrics for that song and you will gain a better appreciation and testimony of Jesus Christ. One of the things the director said was "He answers privately, because he knows you personally" That hit me hard. I testify that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ truly know you personally. Christ suffered for each of our sins individually. It wasn't a big load all at once. I think there was a long line of people and one after the other, Christ suffered for each of their sins, sicknesses, afflictions, hardships and everything else. He knows exactly how you are feeling. Turn to him. He will bless you immensely.


That's about it for this week. My Japanese is getting better. However, my companionship is worse and I think I'm going to have to talk to my Branch President about it....
I ask for your prayers and I want you to know that this is the true church. I wouldn't be on a mission if I didn't know that it was true.
Love you all!
Elder Lamoreaux









No comments:

Post a Comment